How do I connect a Stripe account?
To watch how to connect/set up a Stripe account for your campaign, see this video or follow the instructions below.
If you would like to connect your campaign to a charity's/another Stripe account, simply invite the Stripe account owner to the GalaBid dashboard. The Stripe owner can follow the steps below to connect an existing Stipe account to your campaign. See this article for instructions on how to add additional admins to your GalaBid account.
1) Connect a Stripe account to your campaign by visiting the campaign's dashboard. Go to Setup > Payments and click the green button.
2) This will take you to Stripe where you can choose to either connect an existing account or apply for an account.
3) If you don't have an existing Stripe account continue through the process to create one, Select your country code in the Mobile Number field and then enter your number, you will then be sent a text message to verify your number with a code.
4) Now select your county, and your type of business, If you are an individual fundraiser versus a representative of an organization make sure to select individual / Sole Trader.
5) Fill in your personal details for your account in the fields stated.
6) For the 'Website' field you can enter the URL of your GalaBid campaign with a description of what you are raising for.
7) Enter the bank details you wish your funds to be deposited into by Stripe.
8) Here you can state how the payments made by your participants will show on their bank statements.
9) Finally you will be asked if you would like to contribute some of your funds to climate change support, this is optional, to bypass this simply click 'No Thanks' at the bottom
Once your Stripe account has been set up if it does not show in your payment settings click on the search bar, search, and select your Stripe account to connect it to your campaign.